Monday, January 23, 2006

Which one of these men is John Smith?

Is John Smith Elvis?

By: Belkis Cuza-Malé






This is the photo that John Smith used for his profile in PalTalk. He is a young John, singing in a celebration of Halloween, according to what somebody had told me. One can also imagine a young Elvis, but there is no way to know it. Others assure that this is not he, but a computerized photo, a joke.






Around two years ago, somebody sent this other photo to me assuring that it could be John Smith. In the photo, he appears as a mature and slim man, with gray hair and almost white beard, singing between friends.

Yes, this man resembles Elvis in many ways: the face, hands, fingers, hair, the jacket with the high neck. When I showed it then to a friend, almost an Elvis' expert, they were surprised and then repeated that it had to be Elvis. Good, this man, that was singing to friends, also resembled very much John to me.


Months ago, while I was talking with John, he commented to me that years back he had fractured a leg. I did not want to investigate the details, nor how nor when the accident happened, but, just as I do with all he says to me, I deposited the data in my "mental file".
Perhaps it was not the chance -- that it does not exist for me -- the one that I take yesterday to find in my papers on Elvis, a tabloid, Weekly World News (July 28, 1992), one of those scandalous one of supermarkets, where it had in the cover a photo of a supposed Elvis, with the leg in a cast, leaning by the back door of a hospital in Nashville, on July of 1992.
The photograph showed a man who could resemble very much an Elvis in his fifties. The dark lenses, nevertheless, avoided to watch his eyes, but the hair and the appearance could very well have been those of the King of Rock and roll.
As all the published articles by the media around the subject, there is not a way to verify anything. That type of sensationalist tabloid goes through life inventing articles to increase its sales. But I am thinking of that photo of the man with the fractured leg, and the image that I know of John Smith.
And sure its appearance between my papers made me remember immediately that detail over the fractured leg that he himself commented to me a year ago. Without a doubt, this could be John Smith. And also Elvis? I leave it to the imagination of you, dear friends.

17 Comments:

Blogger Belkis Cuza-Malé said...

The photo of the man with a cast was published in the book The Elvis sightings (Avon Books, 1993), but it appeared first in the Weekly Word News and the editor gives credit to that paper. It means that he broke his leg around July 1992. But the most important, dear Jenkins, is what you said: "Since I last wrote I have now heard John Smith talk and sing and boy does he sound like Elvis."
It is a reason more than enough to suspect we are hearing the real singer.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 1:45:00 PM  
Blogger Belkis Cuza-Malé said...

Expect the unexpected here, very soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, May 04, 2006 3:54:00 PM  
Blogger Belkis Cuza-Malé said...

Join the party!!! //////////

Hello friends!! Tomorrow is a great day. You are all invited. Come celebrate our birthdays with us.

Go to www.paltalk.com and download paltalk and then look for our room in the music category, subcategory Karaoke & Singing.

The room is ///Presley Family and Friends 1///. We will be open from 7 PM untill whenever ( 7 PM Central, 8 PM Eastern, 5 PM Pacific, 1 AM UK and 10 AM Australia time).

Tomorrow, June 15th, 2006.

Come celebrate with Belkis and Tonda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TCB!!!!
Belkis (1Corinthians13)

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:38:00 PM  
Blogger Belkis Cuza-Malé said...

Attention to all:

Comments are welcome in this blog.
Please, feel free to post your comments here.

Thank you, and blessings,

Belkis




October 05, 2006 12:17 PM

Thursday, October 05, 2006 3:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would like to hear john smith sing and talk
where on pal talk and when would be a good time for that...

Saturday, November 11, 2006 12:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ITS A FARSE,

JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE
THAT'S ON THE NET, AND NEWS
THAT HE'S PHYSICALLY
ALIVE.

JUST PLEASE
STOP THIS MESS,

HE'S NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Sunday, March 11, 2007 6:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The truth will prevail in the long run.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 6:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Expect the unexpected as it is going to get real interesting for John shortly

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 6:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To dream the impossible dream. I think it is time to tell the real story of John Smith or should I say Ronnie Fleetwood.

Saturday, April 21, 2007 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger Belkis Cuza-Malé said...

"The Kingdom of God isn't ushered in with visible signs. You won't be able to say "Here it is" or "It's over there!". For the Kingdom of God is among you".
Luke 17: 20-21

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 1:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truely It It has been a constant battle of growing beards and wearing discuises to just to keeep from being recognised from the public eye. I did what I had todo I know that its been 30 years and Now Im living the life I had intended . I needed to get away from it all . I know people have seen me and theres been stories about this and that . I think that with everything aside it was the best decision I have made. I mean I still keep in touch with my baby and a few friends that have remained by my side thoughout all and everything.

You will be hearing from me again soon one day very soon.

I did put out a recent audio conversation with a friend telling a bit of the the things that have partakin in the past few years . I will keep you posted as I see fit. God Bless

John B.

Saturday, September 08, 2007 10:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John,

You did the right thing mate by getting away from it all. You deserve to live your life in peace. I too had to get away, far away.

I was in touch with the niece of your friend P Sayers about four years ago and she brought me up to speed. I always knew the truth though.

We are kindred spirits and also our names are linked.

Look after yourself!

Enza
Australia

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lives On As Replayer!

The E and Vi are part of my first name. My middle name is Aann.

Bet your didn't know that Elvis!

Life works in mysterious ways my friend. The spirit knows.

Enza

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon Smith from Paltalk. This Jon Smith's real name is R L Fleetwood and he does sound just like Elvis. His voice is amazing but why would Elvis be on Paltalk anyways

Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi i have heard ronnie fleetwood /john smith
(not elvis lmao)
this ronnie fleetwood character possing as elvis(attention seaker)
my granny could sound like elvis useing a voice clocker .the man should be ashamed.
but thats not to say i dont think elvis could be alive,but loll HE AINT JOHN SMITH/RONNIE FLEETWOOD

Friday, June 13, 2008 10:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey John the fishing is very
good in Virginia.
Shelby

Saturday, July 12, 2008 9:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Words is all I have.........LoVeAlwaY's,Ruth(ana-ruth)You don't have to answer to no man then God alone.Take care,sweetheart,till we meet.....someday,I'll remember you,your kindness &carring,your sweetness........May the Lord Bless you and keep you,may his Light shine upon you and give everlashting peace.

What can I say,just love the man,that's all.

Saturday, December 20, 2008 5:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/div>
/body> CounterData.com

Search Advertising
Search Advertising Counter